Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Banana Soft Serve

Bikini season is in full gear once more and I am still far from being in one!  As a weight loss enthusiast, I am always looking for new recipes, especially for sweet treats, that won't break a diet into a million pieces with just one bite!  I have been hearing a lot about this all natural, homemade banana soft serve lately and last night I decided to give it a go.  It was AMAZING!  Even though it lacked the consistency of soft serve, the taste was to-die-for!  It is such a simple recipe and I have to share it:

Ingredients:
-two bananas

Recipe:
1.  Peel and slice your bananas
2.  Freeze them in a Tupperware container--at least overnight*
3.  Give them a good long whip in a food processor or blender
4.  Enjoy!

*I was impatient and only let mine freeze for about 4 hours so the consistency was way off...I didn't realize how long it takes bananas to freeze!

*UPDATE--after letting the bananas freeze overnight and all day the next day, my consistency was perfect!  Even the banana ice cream hating hubby loved it!

I have heard of people adding a touch of peanut butter, coco powder, strawberries, etc. to theirs or topping it with homemade chocolate sauce or jam to kick it up a notch.  Personally, I thought the flavor was incredible.  Two bananas makes a lot so I divided it into 2 servings that weighed in at about 110 calories a piece!  It was like getting a real treat without the guilt!

1 comment:

  1. Everyone loves it whenever people come together and share ideas.
    Great blog, keep it up!
    Here is my homepage ; articles

    ReplyDelete