Thursday, July 26, 2012

Strawberry Sherbert

Yesterday after work and the gym I had to make a quick run to the grocery store and talk about temptation.  The worst part about starting a diet and exercise routine is the constant craving for any and everything bad for you!  Being hot and sweaty still from the gym, the frozen desert aisle was hell on earth!  I saw strawberry ice cream and that was it...you know you are in a bad aisle when you start fantasizing about ice cream and chocolate sauce!  So instead of giving in to the fattening but oh so delicious treat, I decided to try making my own frozen strawberry soft serve like the banana we did the other night.  So I grabbed a bag of frozen, sliced strawberries and got the heck out of there before I gave into my cravings!

I started with just strawberries but they didn't get smooth like the banana so I added a little bit of whole milk and some leftover frozen bananas.  It creamed up nicely but the berries were a little too tart for my taste so I added some Cool Whip and that did the trick.  It's not as sweet as the banana soft serve but I liked it, the hubby liked it, and it shut the nagging voice in my head that was tempting me to go to Bruster's up for the night!  Enjoy!

Strawberry Sherbert

Ingredients:
-2 Cups of Frozen Strawberries (sliced)
-1/2 Frozen Banana (sliced)
-1/4 Cup Cool Whip (thawed)
-1/4 Cup of Whole Milk (if needed)

Recipe:
-Blend strawberries and bananas together until mixture begins to cream
-Add in cool whip and blend until desired consistency is reached.  Add milk if necessary.

The recipe makes more than enough for 2 with each serving being only 121 calories, 3 grams of fat, and 9 grams of sugar!  We will definitely be making this again!j



No comments:

Post a Comment