Monday, March 26, 2012

"Ghetto Febreze"

I love Febreze!  But I think it is a major rip off when it comes to the price.  I saw a post on Pinterest for "Ghetto Febreze" and there was no way I could resist making it!  I already had the three ingredients so I went for it that night after work.  I was surprised at how much I liked my Ghetto Febreze! 

-In a clean spray bottle mix:
     -1 cup of water
     -1/2 cup of rubbing alcohol or vodka
     -30 drops of essential oil*

I did not have any rubbing alcohol in the house but I did have Vodka so that's what I used.  There was a bit of an odor from this for a few seconds but it quickly disappeared and left me smelling only the clean linen essential oil that I had used.  I spot tested on the back of my suede couch and it didn't leave any kind of stain.

*Use more or less to suit your preference for strength.  For some fragrances you will need to adjust your normal amount.  I use more for clean linen scents than I do for apple and lavender.  

Pinterest Post Source

2 comments:

  1. We make a spray bottle of 1/3 vodka and 2/3 water to spray on carpet before vacuuming (it kills dust mites that live in carpet so you can vacuum them up). It does not leave a sticky residue on the carpet! Also we keep a bottle by the kitchen sink to use on hands, vegetables & fruits. It is a great sanitizer. I never thought of putting scent in it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the great ideas for using vodka around the home! I will have to do another post on all the different uses for it. I had completely neglected to think about it's usefulness as a sanitizer and I had no clue that it could kill dust mites in the carpet! I will most definitely be adding your idea to my list of cleaning routines!

      Delete