Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Quick Cobbler

My mother-in-law saw a post for an easy mock cobbler on Pinterest a while back and has been raving about it since she tried it.  I have never attempted to make any kind of cobbler before and to be quite honest, I didn't even know that it was different from a crisp!  Last night I made a hodge podge of finger food for dinner and decided it might be nice to treat the hubby to a dessert too.  So I grabbed the ingredients, all of which I already had on hand, and threw this super easy concoction together.  The original source for the recipe pin can be found at the bottom of this post!


Recipe:

-2 cans of ready to use pie filling
-1 cup of margarine melted
-1 18.25 oz package of cake mix

Spread pie filling evenly across the bottom of an 8 x 11 pan.  Top with dry cake mix and then pour the melted butter on top.  Bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until golden brown.

I tried the recipe with apple filling and golden butter cake mix.  Before I put on the cake mix, I sprinkled a little brown sugar and drizzled some caramel sauce over the apples to give it more flavor.  This recipe definitely passed the test.  My husband, who is not a big desert eater, loved it!  I strongly suggest topping yours with a scoop of ice cream.  I can't wait to try this again with peach filling for the summer!
Homemade Mock-Cobbler

Original Posting

No comments:

Post a Comment